Before you come in
Please speak to the nursing staff for more information on what forms you need to complete.
What to Expect When Your Cat is in the Hospital
Whether your cat is scheduled for an elective procedure or surgery, or needs to be hospitalized because of illness, we understand that you may be concerned about leaving your cat. We want to do all we can to make you and your cat as comfortable as possible. Please feel free to ask any questions or share any concerns you may have. Please advise us of any special dietary requirements your cat has, or any favourite foods.
When a cat has been scheduled to have a procedure that requires an anaesthetic to be administered, the following instructions should be followed.
- Do not allow your cat to eat after 8 pm the night before the procedure.
- Water is allowed up until admission.
- Bring your cat in at the arranged time.
- Advise us of any problems your cat has had with anaesthesia in the past.
- Advise us of any drug allergies your cat has.
- If your cat is receiving medications ask us prior to giving them on the morning of the procedure. If in doubt DO NOT give the medication and advise us at admission.